Hypnobirthing Brisbane Bayside
What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is a comprehensive birth education program that covers the physiological process of birth. Once you understand how the body works during labour and birth, you will learn how to prepare your mind to work in harmony with your body.
Hypnobirthing is different to standard antenatal classes, as it teaches you strategies to make birth as natural and comfortable as possible. Using tools such as self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualization, breathing and massage, helps keep you and your baby relaxed during labour, promoting a calm birth experience. This can help reduce the time of active labour and potential intervention. As you practice these skills in the lead up to your birth, your confidence will build and fears will naturally dissipate.
We provide a set of MP3’s hypnosis downloads to listen to during pregnancy and throughout labour. We will also do several hypnosis sessions within the class and encourage partners to try it. When you’re under hypnosis, you usually feel calm and relaxed, and are more open to suggestions. This helps you to let go of fears about birth and replace those fears with positive thoughts. Hypnosis is great throughout labour as it distorts time and an hour can feel like five minutes. When you are in a hypnotic state, your brainwaves drop down to alpha or theta which is the restful brainwave before you drop into delta, which is deep sleep, providing the much needed rest that even during labour to ensure you do not become exhausted.
In our hypnobirthing classes we use the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program, which is not only empowering for mums, but also incredibly empowering for their birth partners. Partners learn how to help you utilize the tools you have gained throughout your hypnobirthing classes, becoming confident to advocate for you during your labour, so that you can focus on birthing your baby. You will watch some beautiful, calm and peaceful hypnobirths and see the techniques being used by labouring mums and their birth partners, in a way that helps to bring it all together.
The course is endorsed by the Australian College of Midwives, supported by caregivers and hospitals, and is becoming the fastest growing birth education class in Australia.
Contact us today about hypnobirthing classes in the Brisbane bayside area or online.
Find Us On Google Maps
Some Of The Great Hypnobirthing Benefits
- Fewer requests for pain medication
- Reduction in epidurals request
- Reduction in caesarean sections
- Fewer cases of post-natal depression reported
- It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates an more integral role for the birthing companion
- Provides ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
- Babies more alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Shortens active labour
- Decreased use of artificial induction
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- It promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Happier and more content mothers and babies
What Will I Learn in the Hynobirthing AustraliaTM Program?
- The importance of the mind and body connection throughout birth
- Create and maintain a positive mindset
- How to bond with your baby throughout pregnancy and birth
- The power of language during birth
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- How to release endorphins through massage and touch
- Restore your faith in a women’s ability to birth, drug and intervention free, after all we have been birthing for thousands of years
- Techniques to make your surges more comfortable
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- Optimsing baby’s position
- Your choices in maternity care
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Sense of empowerment
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed choices during your birth
Contact me today to book a 20 minute free consultation where I answer all of your Hypnobirthing questions and recommend the best course of action for you and your baby’s birth.